8.10.2012

College grads score YouTube hit with 'Obama That I Used to Know' parody

Click on the title headline for the full article



College grads playing the role of lovers scorned by President Obama have scored a smash YouTube hit with a parody of Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know."

The video, which was tracking toward 400,000 hits Friday morning, faithfully covers the original, only under the title, "Obama That I Used to Know."

The clever parody intersperses some of the president's more soaring lines from the 2008 campaign with laments about the current state of the economy for America's 20-somethings.

"Now and then I think of that Election Day November," the song begins. "When you won, I felt so happy I could die."

Hum along if you know the tune, but it continues:

"You can get addicted to a certain kind of message -- like this is change we can believe in, yes we can.

"But college ended had to pay my rent. At least you're the first gay president. But the change I got is that I moved in with my mother."

And the chorus: "Because you won and then you cut me off. Now your speeches never soar as high as unemployment. You took ObamaCare so far, but you left me like a dog strapped on Romney's car."

Co-creators Justin Monticello and Ryan Newbrough told Fox News they supported the president in 2008, but were reflecting the disillusionment some in their generation are experiencing.

"As the makers of a parody video on YouTube, it's a little tough to speak to everybody, but I think ... it wasn't unnatural to be kind of attracted to the message that he had," Monticello said.

"And I just think that there are some things he hadn't delivered on that he promised to do, and that's why some people are feeling disillusioned."

Click the title headline for the full article

Lou Buren of TWAU BLOG: Apparently the youngsters who made this video, are new to the world of politics. Because most politicians tell you what you want to hear and then never deliver. Especially liberal politicians.

And as for the lyrics (At least Obama is the first gay president), Um, Obama isn't gay. And he only stated he supported gays because he's trying to pander to the community of homosexuals for their votes.

Obama is going to lose in November for so many reasons. but trust me, he's the exact same guy now that he was when he was running for president. Inexperienced, cocky, and dumb as a rock.

No comments: